What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown, also known as a tooth crown, is a custom-made cap that is placed over a damaged or weakened tooth to restore its strength, function, and aesthetics.
Dental crowns cover the entire visible portion of the tooth, providing protection and support while resembling the natural appearance of a healthy tooth.
Dental Crown Reviews
Types of Dental Crowns
There are several types of dental crowns available, each with its own unique characteristics. Dr. Huang will recommend the most suitable type of crown based on your specific needs. Common types of dental crowns include:
- Porcelain Crowns: Porcelain crowns are highly aesthetic and can be color-matched to blend seamlessly with your natural teeth. They are a popular choice for front teeth restorations.
- Ceramic Crowns: Ceramic crowns offer excellent aesthetics and can mimic the translucency and luster of natural teeth. They are a durable and aesthetically pleasing option.
- Zirconia Crowns: Zirconia crowns are known for their exceptional strength and durability. They are highly resistant to chipping and can withstand biting forces, making them suitable for posterior teeth restorations.
Dental Crown Procedure
The dental crown procedure typically involves the following steps:
- Consultation: During your initial consultation with Dr. Huang, he will assess your oral health and discuss your concerns and goals. X-rays and impressions may be taken to evaluate the condition of your tooth and determine the most suitable treatment plan.
- Tooth Preparation: Before placing a dental crown, the affected tooth needs to be prepared. This involves removing any decay or existing filling material and shaping the tooth to create space for the crown.
- Impression: An impression of the prepared tooth is taken to create a precise mold. This mold serves as a blueprint for the dental laboratory to fabricate your custom crown.
- Temporary Crown: While your permanent crown is being crafted, a temporary crown will be placed over the prepared tooth to protect it and maintain its appearance.
- Crown Placement: Once your permanent crown is ready, you will return to our dental studio for its placement. Dr. Huang will ensure that the crown fits perfectly and looks natural. The crown is securely bonded to the tooth using dental cement, providing long-lasting results.
Dental Crowns NYC
New York Dental Studio, your top-rated dental crowns dentist office in NYC is located in Manhattan at 30 East 60th Street on the Upper East Side
Does Getting a Crown Hurt?
The dental crown procedure is typically performed under local anesthesia, ensuring that you remain comfortable throughout the process. You may experience some minor sensitivity or discomfort after the anesthesia wears off, but this can be managed with over-the-counter pain relievers.
Dr. Huang and our experienced team will take every measure to ensure a painless and pleasant experience during your dental crown procedure.
Dental Crowns Manhattan - Upper East Side
At NY dental studio, we take pride in providing exceptional dental care, including dental crowns, to our patients in Manhattan, particularly on the Upper East Side. Led by Dr. Brandon Huang, our team of highly skilled professionals has over 20 years of experience in cosmetic dentistry and restorative treatments. We have a dedicated root canal specialist and a comprehensive team of general dentists, orthodontists, and oral surgeons on staff to address all your dental needs.
With our state-of-the-art facility and commitment to patient satisfaction, you can trust us to deliver superior dental care and beautiful results. Our dental studio has earned a stellar reputation, backed by over 200 perfect 5-star reviews from our valued patients.
Ready to enhance your smile with dental crowns? Schedule a consultation with Dr. Huang at our Upper East Side dental studio today. Discover the transformative power of dental crowns and regain your confidence in your smile.
Schedule Your Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation Today
Our Dental Services
Everything you need for optimal oral heath, all in one location - NY Dental Studio